What is securitisation1?
How do ABS work?
How do MBS work?
• The same investing logic applies to MBS, which are created from the pooling of mortgage assets and can be categorised into agency and non-agency MBS.
2. What are the roles of securitised assets1,2 within the overall fixed income portfolio?
Diversifying income sources and risk
Household savings and consumption5
5. Source: US Bureau of Economic Analysis, J.P. Morgan Asset Management, Eurostat, Office of National Statistics UK. Data reflect most recently available as of 30.06.2021.
Managing portfolio risk
Yields and correlations of fixed income returns to equities6
6. Source: Barclays, Bloomberg Finance L.P., FactSet, ICE BofA Merrill Lynch, J.P. Morgan Economics Research, MSCI, J.P. Morgan Asset Management. Based on Bloomberg Barclays US Treasury (UST) Bellwether 2y & 10y (2y & 10y UST), Bloomberg Barclays Treasury Inflation-Protected Securities (TIPS), ICE BofAML Country Government (1-10y) (France, Germany, Japan & UK (1-10y)), Bloomberg Barclays US Aggregate, Credit – Investment Grade & High Yield (US Aggregate, IG & HY), Bloomberg Barclays US Floating Rate (US Floating Rate), Bloomberg Barclays US Aggregate Securitized – Mortgage-Backed Securities (US MBS), Bloomberg Barclays Pan-European High Yield (Europe HY), J.P. Morgan GBI-EM Global (Local EMD), J.P. Morgan EMBI Global (USD EMD), J.P.Morgan Asia Credit (JACI) (USD Asia Credit), J.P. Morgan Asia Credit (JACI) – High Yield (USD Asia HY), J.P. Morgan Asia Credit China Index (USD China offshore credit), J.P. Morgan CEMBI (USD EMD corporates), J.P. Morgan Asia Diversified (JADE) (Local Asia). *Correlations are based on 10-years of monthly returns. Yield is not guaranteed. Positive yield does not imply positive return. Indices may not include fees or operating expenses and are not available for actual investment. Data reflect most recently available as of 30.06.2021.
Diversification does not guarantee investment return and does not eliminate the risk of loss.
1. Securitisation is the process in which certain type of assets, such as mortgages or other types of loans, are pooled so that they can be repackaged into interest-bearing securities. Examples of securitised debt include asset-backed securities (ABS) and mortgage-backed securities (MBS).
2. For illustrative purposes only based on current market conditions, subject to change from time to time. Not all investments are suitable for all investors. Exact allocation of portfolio depends on each individual’s circumstance and market conditions.
3. Yield is not guaranteed. Positive yield does not imply positive return.
4. High-yield credit refers to corporate bonds which are given ratings below investment grade and are deemed to have a higher risk of default. Yield is not guaranteed. Positive yield does not imply positive return.
The information provided is general in nature only and does not constitute personal financial advice. The information has been prepared without taking into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on any information you should consider the appropriateness of the information having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs. Therefore, before you decide to buy any product or keep or cancel a similar product that you already hold, it is important that you read and consider the relevant JPMorgan fund Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and Target Market Determination (available from www.jpmorganam.com.au), which is available to download on this website and make sure that the product is appropriate for you. Before making any decision, it is important for you to consider these matters and to seek appropriate legal, tax, and other professional advice. Issued by JPMorgan Asset Management (Australia) Limited ABN 55 143 832 080, AFSL No. 376919.
Sharing our expertise
Supported by deep resources across regions and sectors, our global team of investment professionals take a research-driven approach to uncover opportunities and risks to help investors build stronger portfolios.
• 5,000+ annual on-site company visits (1)
Empowering better decisions
Our global team of market strategists takes the complexity out of markets, helping investors interpret key information and make the right investment decisions.
• Approx. 30 market strategists across the globe (1)
Building stronger portfolios
Our investment capabilities span a huge range of asset classes and regions. This enables us to offer a suite of solutions that can help investors diversify (2) their portfolios and achieve their individual investment goals in a variety of ways.
• Approx. 550 investment strategies (1)
Tapping into proven success
With nearly 150 years of investment experience, we have accumulated invaluable insights into what drives markets and how to empower investors to meet evolving needs — across asset classes, regions and market cycles.
• Approx. 150 years of investment experience (1)
Planning for the future you want to see
We take a forward-looking investment approach to deliver long-term sustainable financial return in a fast-changing world.
• A+ in the 2020 United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) Assessment (3)
(1) Source: J.P. Morgan Asset Management. Data as of 31.3.2021. (2) Diversification does not guarantee investment returns and does not eliminate the risk of loss. (3) Source: J.P. Morgan Asset Management. Data as of July 2020. We report annually and are audited.